Tuesday, May 16, 2017

3 and a half

Yup. Jett is now Three and a half. I have not written in over two years.
It was mother day last Sunday, so fitting that one of the lat posts I wrote was around mothers day too.

Jett is a talking, walking, playing, spirited, curious child. His favourite thing in the whole world is dinky cars - specifically hot wheels. He is obsessed. he can spend hours playing with them or watching others play with them.

He has a good appetite. He eats a varied foods. He likes his vegetables and his healthy stuff, but is a little into sugary gummy sweets for my liking. Not a fan of Chocolate though? Go figure. He is also not a fan of the go to kid friendly food that would make life a little easier in the kitchen - such as macaroni cheese, spaghetti Bolognese, mince of any kind....so thats a little weird for me. I think he has expensive taste: Salmon being on the top of the list.

He is very funny, and can be a right clown when he wants to be. Makes us laugh a lot. He adores his dogs, especially Bodie. Such a lovely thing that they have such a good bond. He rides a bike now. One with our peddles. He cant reach the floor yet but he is almost there. He can also swim but needs to be supervised as he hasn't learnt the art of lifting his head up to breath! Quite an important factor I agree. But he is on his way. We have started going camping a bit too which is a lot of fun. So nice when there are a few kids running around bare foot exploring the camp site. Hoping we can go with his cousins soon.

Its been tough, Im not going to lie. I stopped working at the end of 2015 and I am home with him full time. He goes to school from 9 until 12 Monday to Thursday, but I don't seem to be able to get myself together still. I have been feeling very lost and out of the loop this year, and don't really see much way out of that until I have more time to think about it. Don't get me wrong. I am spoilt to be able to be home with him every day. I would be the envy of a lot of mothers. However, there is a
also this sense of loss of identity, and a slight resentment which I need to watch. I don't want to look back at this time and wish I had done more or something differently.  The amount of time we as parents are told about the time going so fast and be in the moment etc. I get it. I really do. But i do look at some working mothers and think they look so much more energetic and for filled than I feel. Because they are doing it all! They are being a mother and a wife and they are also working and bringing in their own money. Oh how I miss making my own money. Thats a big one. Something I have really had to learn to deal with, and I still don't. SO I am on a mission now to find something that fits in with my day and "spare time" to bring in a few extra bucks that I can use for girly things. Watch this space, Ill let you know what I end up doing. Mission "get myself back in to action" is on the cards....

Here are a few pics to show you how grown he is.








No comments:

Post a Comment