Thursday, September 19, 2013

38.6 weeks. SO basically 39 weeks!

Hi,

We have just about reached the last week of being a two human family!
Little one is in what the midwife describes as a "perfect position" and I am still text book on track with weight and heartbeat and blood pressure etc... so this child is already a good egg hahahhaa.
She also said it will prob be a few days late, but nothing extreme. That being said it could also arrive tonight! So who knows, that, and not knowing the sex, is what all the excitement it about.

I would prefer the little one to stay in another week at least as we have decide to renovate this week of course! Why wouldn't you. ;) I started my maternity leave on Wednesday and the house is full of builders, banging and cement footprints. I must have the patience of  saint. But to be honest, they are the neatest, most respectful builders I have ever known...and they are working fast and doing a proper job, so I am not complaining at all. I might just need to take full advantage of the hospital stay when stay comes about :)
So we are redoing the bathroom with new tiles and getting rid of any damp, so very necessary. And it will look great when its done. Then in the spare room we are relaying the floor and re-bricking a very old "woodstock" wall which held a lot of damp, so also necessary for baby. Positive positive positive ;)

So baby is fully grown now, all the things that are needed to survive in the outside world are in place and ready. According to the baby website, he/she should be about the size of a small watermelon! sure feels like it! I have been getting very strong and consistent braxton hicks over the last few nights, as the body prepares itself for birth. Very clever..

So here is the latest, pic. Not brilliant, but I am feeling lazy at the moment. haha
38.4 weeks

text book baby position at 39 weeks

small watermelon size

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great update! My name is Heather and I have a question regarding your blog that I was hoping you could answer! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete